Thanks to everyone for a great first meeting of the year! We opened the meeting with a discussion surrounding our New Year’s Resolutions. Goals include going to church, being more social, learning Spanish, becoming more organized and planned as well as making more time for ourselves.
We had two wonderful speakers today. Sam discussed the resolution he made as a teenager to lose weight and his struggle to minimize his food intake and work out every day.
Meanwhile, Ernesto discussed that SMART Goals can help you achieve your objectives.
- Specific – target a specific area for improvement.
- Measurable – quantify or at least suggest an indicator of progress.
- Assignable – specify who will do it.
- Realistic – state what results can realistically be achieved, given available resources.
- Time-related – specify when the result(s) can be achieved.