Did you know that America will spend $19 billion dollars on our loved ones this Valentine’s Day? “Happy Valentine’s Day” was the theme of our February 13th meeting. Shirin, our Toastmaster, opened the meeting with the history of Valentine’s Day and current-day gift purchasing facts. Alex gave his CC#6 speech on cryptocurrency, Bitcoin and the future of blockchain technology. Sam, the true romantic, took home the Best Table Topics ribbon this week explaining why he prefers Wine over Chocolate as a Valentine’s gift – it’s all about the passion.
On a business note, we decided to try to tackle the issue of e-mail correspondence. The following are the latest guidelines for confirming roles and transferring meeting information:
Our Website http://grubngab.toastmost.org is the PRIMARY means of communication
- Julie (VPE) will continue to populate the meeting roles on the website (~3 weeks in advance)
- Julie (VPE) will create a secure, members-only link on the website that will direct us to an e-mail list of all current GNG members. The list will be updated as new members join.
- Use the Website as primary means for communicating you’re NOT being able to attend a meeting. For an upcoming meeting you will not be attending, remove yourself from all assigned roles.
- If you are a Speaker, enter your speech Number, Title, and Time requirement on the website.
- If you want to fulfill and open role, do so on the website.
- If you want to accelerate your pace at completing planned speeches, sign up for the Back-up Speaker spot on the website.
- The Recap Officer will be responsible for making sure the next week’s Toastmaster role is filled and confirmed.
- The Toastmaster is responsible for making sure major roles are filled (e.g., Speaker, Evaluator, Topics Master).
- The Toastmaster will use the e-mail list (not the group e-mail) to contact only the people who have a major meeting role (e.g., a speaker hasn’t added their speech title to the website, the Toastmaster wants to embellish introductions).
- The Toastmaster will create the paper agenda and populate the back sheet with upcoming roles in the new format (a direct export from the website). The agenda no longer needs to be e-mailed to the group prior to the meeting.