Spring Cleaning was the theme of our April 3rd meeting. Tien, our Toastmaster, explained how deluttering our lives will bring us good Chi. We had 3 excellent speakers and evaluators. Daniel gave his 2nd speech from Innovative Planning Level 1 on “Springing Into Health.” He summarized what items to avoid and increase to maintain a healthy diet. Sam gave an Advance Communicator Manual speech sharing a dramatic “Life Changing Moment While Walking the Dog.” Sapna delivered her Speech #3 from the Competent Communicator Manual using humor and vocal variety to share her experience with “Puppy Training.” Dan received a First Timer award for his role as Table Topics Master. Our Best Speaker was Daniel, Best Evaluator was Nancy, and Best Table Topics was Alex who described the oddest and most difficult thing he ever had to clean – the wheel bearings on his ‘68 VW.
Please sign up for the role
Spring Bloom was the theme of our meeting on March 13. Sam shared this beautiful butterfly picture he recently captured and inspired us with the story of the Monarch’s migration. Daniel gave his first planned speech and had us laughing from the beginning with and ice-breaker joke and two truths and a lie. He shared his goal of hiking Mt. Everest and helped us get to know him better through his most memorable and favorite hiking trips. Dan won bets Table Topics explaining how love will be blossoming in Colorado on June 2nd when he marries Katie his Fiance. RoseMary gave an excellent evaluation and we had three first-timer awards. Welcome Spring!
Hi Everyone – I am going to be your Toastmaster and conduct the full “Working in The Team Environment” workshop in one session. There is a link to the agenda below. I look forward to seeing you tomorrow. – Nancy
Working in The Team Environment Workbook
I am working on achieving my Advanced Communicator Gold and will be speaking from the Success Leadership Series, presenting a workshop on “Working in The Team Environment.” The Workshop will be delivered in two, 30 min, sessions. The first session on March 6th will cover: Developing Team Relations and Encouraging Commitment.
Please attend this interactive workshop and support me on my journey to ACG.
Thank you – Nancy
Did you know that America will spend $19 billion dollars on our loved ones this Valentine’s Day? “Happy Valentine’s Day” was the theme of our February 13th meeting. Shirin, our Toastmaster, opened the meeting with the history of Valentine’s Day and current-day gift purchasing facts. Alex gave his CC#6 speech on cryptocurrency, Bitcoin and the future of blockchain technology. Sam, the true romantic, took home the Best Table Topics ribbon this week explaining why he prefers Wine over Chocolate as a Valentine’s gift – it’s all about the passion.
On a business note, we decided to try to tackle the issue of e-mail correspondence. The following are the latest guidelines for confirming roles and transferring meeting information:
Our Website http://grubngab.toastmost.org is the PRIMARY means of communication
- Julie (VPE) will continue to populate the meeting roles on the website (~3 weeks in advance)
- Julie (VPE) will create a secure, members-only link on the website that will direct us to an e-mail list of all current GNG members. The list will be updated as new members join.
- Use the Website as primary means for communicating you’re NOT being able to attend a meeting. For an upcoming meeting you will not be attending, remove yourself from all assigned roles.
- If you are a Speaker, enter your speech Number, Title, and Time requirement on the website.
- If you want to fulfill and open role, do so on the website.
- If you want to accelerate your pace at completing planned speeches, sign up for the Back-up Speaker spot on the website.
- The Recap Officer will be responsible for making sure the next week’s Toastmaster role is filled and confirmed.
- The Toastmaster is responsible for making sure major roles are filled (e.g., Speaker, Evaluator, Topics Master).
- The Toastmaster will use the e-mail list (not the group e-mail) to contact only the people who have a major meeting role (e.g., a speaker hasn’t added their speech title to the website, the Toastmaster wants to embellish introductions).
- The Toastmaster will create the paper agenda and populate the back sheet with upcoming roles in the new format (a direct export from the website). The agenda no longer needs to be e-mailed to the group prior to the meeting.